Journey Post: The Plan

12:31


7 years ago LIFE WAS GOOD! I was 18 years old, had just graduated high school and was on my way to an Ivy League University in the fall. I had high hopes, high spirits and most importantly, I had a PLAN. I was going to get my economics degree, join Wall Street and become insanely rich(obviously). I'd own my own apartment(ok fine, with the help of a huge mortgage) in a swanky part of New York. Oh, and I'd be married and pregnant with my first child because everyone knows that having your kids young is the way to go right? After all, the women in my family all had their kids young.
Oh, and did I mention that all of this was supposed to be accomplished in the next 5 years? Like.....two years ago. So how is it that 7 years later I am back in Kenya and happy about it, living as an actress and loving it, and living at home and not really minding it. Oh and no kids or rings on the horizon. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PLAN???? It was such a good plan too. Plan, where did you go and why would you leave me like that? I've caught feelings plan....I've caught feelings. Haha. On a serious note, I'm 24(almost 25) and my life is NOTHING like I thought it would be. And in some ways it's better than I could have dreamt but it's also scary as hell. I feel like a baby who is learning to walk and talk and stand on their own two feet. I don't quite know what I'm doing, I'm not quite sure where I'm going and I'm rediscovering what relationships, friendships, family, money, success, and happiness really mean. I don't know what my destination is but I'm sure as hell planning on enjoying the journey. I'm excited!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE